Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A Sad Week.

This week was hard for me. I had to spend the week alone in Taylor for work, while Jax and Trish were at home. I really hate it when we are seperated. I hope that something will happen soon that will allow us to move closer to my work and be together as a family all the time.

Secondly, my mission president was buried this week in Utah. I have found myself in quiet reflection quite often this week reflecting on his counsel and the time that I had the opportunity to serve with him while assigned as his executive secretary on my mission. I will sorely miss knowing that he is still alive and there to counsel me as needed. I have had the opportunity over the last couple of years to visit he and his wife at their home in Springville. I have always found him welcoming and interested in my progress in life and in the gospel. I miss these annual/semi-annual visits with him, but know that he hit the ground at a full lope upon his passing.

No comments:

Post a Comment